Marshmallow Waffle with Salted Caramel
15 December 2020
Looking for a yummy Xmas dessert that everyone will love?
We have a recipe for you that's both delicious and easy, promised!
Don't forget to share your creations! #marshmallowwafflebybarú
Chocolate Marshmallow Waffle with Salted Caramel by BARÚ
Makes 6 - 8 servings.
Here's what you need :
- all ingredients below
- a waffle iron
- a heat proof bowl (to melt the chocolate)
- a pot with simmering water
- a heavy bottomed saucepan
- a serving dish for the caramel sauce
- whipped cream (optional)
for the salted caramel :
- 130g caster sugar
- 60g butter
- 95g double cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
for the chocolate waffles :
- 75g dark chocolate
- 45g butter
- 150g flour
- 12g cocoa powder
- 82g caster sugar
- 5g baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 185g whole milk
- 1 or 2 box(es) of milk chocolate & sea salt caramel marshmallows (8 - 16 marshmallows) by BARÚ
Now let's start baking!
the salted caramel
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the sugar over a medium heat. Make sure to use a saucepan that's slighty bigger than what you think you'll need. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Be careful not to burn the sugar!
- While the sugar is melting, warm up the double cream in a small pot and leave aside.
- Remove the saucepan with sugar from the heat when the sugar has an amber/light brown colour. Slowly add the warm double cream - but be careful as the sugar will be really hot! While you add the cream, the mixture will bubble up (again, be careful!). Add the butter and salt, one at the time, and stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Pour the caramel souce into a serving dish and allow to cool. The caramel will thinken once it has cooled.
- In a heat proof bowl above a pot of simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and butter (au bain marie). You can also melt in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Take a larger bowl and mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg and milk and mix all ingredients.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Pour to batter onto your waffle iron and bake according to the manufacturar's instructions.
- Chop the marshmallows into small cubes and slice the waffle into 2 parts. Present one layer of waffle with chopped marshmallows on and add another layer of waffle and marshmallows. Serve with salted caramel and whipped cream (optional) on the side.
Watch the video & enjoy!
Photos and video made by the dessert lab.